Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Complicated, Yet Phenomenal (Really)

Monday, January 28, 2013

Salado Creek Greenway, Lady Bird Johnson Park Trailhead
upstream along the Morningstar boardwalk

Today's photos:











When I returned to my car at the end of my walk this afternoon, I was thinking the photos I had taken would be relatively easy to divide into two sets and set up for publication. Later, when I began going through the photos to begin the editing, I discovered I had a wider range of material than I had remembered taking.

All of the photos from this walk are of birds. I will explain the "complications" in tomorrow's post. For now here is a bit of information about the photos in this series:

The first two images are of a red-shouldered hawk. These are actually from the same photo. The first image is a slight cropping of the original photo. It gives a good indication of how far away the hawk was flying. The second image is an extreme cropping of the first image. Even though the resolution is fairly low, it is still recognizable as a red-shouldered hawk.

The next five photos are of a great egret that flew by low overhead.

The last three photos are a pair of cedar waxwings. The dim light and glare from the overcast sky made it difficult for me to see when I was taking these photos if these were really cedar waxwings or if they were black-crested titmice, but the correct identification was obvious when I saw the photos on the computer monitor. 

All together, there will be at least two and possibly three or four more posts of the photos from this walk. In many ways it turned out to be a very similar experience to the one I had at Crescent Bend Nature Park on Monday, December 14, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment