Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Major Detuor

Monday, September 10, 2012

Sometimes things happen in life that send us on a major detour from our planned route. Last night, one of those things happened to me. I fell and broke the humerus in my right arm just below the shoulder.

As bone fractures go, this one isn't particularly serious. I'm ambidextrous, but what I have suddenly discovered is the long list of tasks that require the use of two hands, regardless of which hand is dominant. The two things that frustrate me the most that I can't do are drive and I can't use my camera.

It will likely be six weeks or so before I will be able to resume taking new photos to publish in While on a Walk. I do have a plethora of photos from previous walks that I have yet to publish, so for now, I will continue to publish posts using those photos as often as I am able.

What better way to begin a detour than with the yellow-crowned night heron on the San Antonio River. These photos are from my walk on Friday, june 8:







No comments:

Post a Comment