Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Song of the Green Herons

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

As anyone who has followed this blog already knows, I have had countless extraordinary encounters with wildlife on my walks. Yesterday was no exception.

The photos from the walk are both compelling enough and extensive enough to be published as an extended visual poem in four parts. Yesterday's opening of the series, Prelude, presented a general overview of what I encountered along the walk and, as I wrote yesterday, set the tone for the remainder of the series.

Today is The Song of the Green Herons:
















I should point out, the green herons that appear at the end of this post are fairly common in South Texas, particularly in the summer, but this is the first time I have encountered them, or at least remember having encountered them, on my walks.

The next post in the series is tentatively titled The Song of the Turtles, and the final post The Song of the Butterflies. Each title is based on a creature that has a dominant presence in the photos of that particular section, although as can be seen here, many other creatures are present along with the dominant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment