Thursday, May 17, 2012

Following a Deluge, A Torrent of Photos

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Eisenhower Park, Cedar Flats > Live Oak > Hillside (south) Trails

Today's photos:


















Monday night and Tuesday morning the sky opened up releasing a deluge of rain, officially 4.01 inches worth to be exact. May is normally the third wettest month of the year in Bexar County. On top of the previous rain this month, as occasionally happens here in South Texas, we received an entire month's worth of rain in less than twenty-four hours.

Rather than beginning the new While on a Walk year along the Salado Creek as I had been planning, I decided it would be better to walk today at Eisenhower Park. This park is on high ground that drains fairly quickly. It is essentially the side of a very large hill. And I hadn't yet walked the south portion of the Hillside Trail in the park.

I passed up several gazillion photo opportunities.

I really did.

But, I still ended up with way more than enough photos for one post. So, the torrent of nature photographs continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment