Thursday, February 9, 2012

The San Antonio River, Mission Rd Trailhead, Not Exactly As Planned, Part 1

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today's photos:



















My original plan for today was to walk at Eisenhower Park, but for a complex set of reasons those plans got changed at the last minute. The San Antonio River is always the default location for my walks when life doesn't quite go as planned, so today that's where I ended up. Little did I know until I started my walk that "not exactly as planned' was apparently the theme for today.

I walked from the Mission Road Trailhead to just downstream of the large embayment. I was completely caught off guard by the damage to the restored landscaping that had been done in this section of the river by this past weekend's heavy rain and the flooding it caused in the river channel. I will have another post soon with more about this flood damage.

In spite of the damage, this was another photographically prolific walk. The photos above are only a small sample. There will be several more posts from this series. 

And, yes, that is a Texas bluebonnet in the photo between the sparrow and the flying ducks. Spring is arriving early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment